- Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- Information We Share
- Your Choices and Opt-Outs
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Third-Party Content, Links, and Plug-Ins
- Public Forums
- Children’s Privacy
- Data Security
- How to Contact Us
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1.1 Information You Provide
BoxHero collects information from you when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you use our Services, register or create an online account with or through the Services, request a return, request information from us, sign up for newsletters, text messages, or our email list, use our returning and related services, enter into sweepstakes or other promotions, fill out a survey, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with or contact us. The information we may collect includes your name, email address, telephone number, pickup address(es), zip code, and/or photograph.
You may also provide us with certain information in connection with specific transactions:
Information You Provide When You Make a Payment.
If you make a payment to us (including those made on a recurring basis), we collect a credit/debit card number and related financial information (such as CVV, expiration date, and billing address), or other payment information (such as via PayPal or Apple Pay), depending on the form of payment.
Information About Your Returns.
We may also collect information about the packages you are requesting we return, including number, description, return label, third-party carrier, third-party retailer, size, weight and photographs. We do this to ensure safe and efficient returning when using the Services, as well as to help rectify any instances where packages may be missing, lost or damaged. Such information may also be used to provide an enhanced experience when using the Service, such as with customized offers or promotions based on the information we collect about your returns.
Referring a Friend.
If you choose to refer a friend through the Services, we will ask for your friend's contact information. We will send a message to your friend inviting him or her to sign-up for the Services or visit the Site. We store this information to send the referral message(s) and track the success of our referral program.
Information You Provide Through Social Media.
You may also be given the option to link to your Facebook or other social media account through the Services. If you do, we may automatically receive certain information about you based on your registration and privacy settings on those third-party services.
1.2 Information Automatically Collected
Whenever you visit or interact with the Services, BoxHero, as well as any third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about your online activity. This information may be collected in the following ways:
We may use a variety of technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, local shared objects (Flash cookies), HTML5 cookies, or other technologies to collect certain information about visitors to, and users of, our Services and interactions with our emails and online and mobile advertisements, and to allow BoxHero to keep track of analytics and certain statistical information. This includes, but is not limited to, your browser type, device type, operating system, software version, the domain name from which you accessed the Services, the date and time you visit the Services, the areas or pages of the Services that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Services, the number of times you return to the Services, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our Services, and other sites that you may visit.
We may automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for the computer, mobile device, tablet or other device (collectively, “Device”) you use to access the Services, including the hardware model and mobile network information. We may use a Device Identifier to, among other things, provide the Services, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, track users’ web page, email and mobile application movements/activities, help identify or gather broad demographic information for aggregate use, and retarget online and mobile advertisements to you across computers or devices you may use.
Third-Party Service Providers.
We may use third-party service providers to support our Services. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, Flash cookies, or HTML5 cookies to receive, collect, and store information.
Third-Party Analytic Technologies.
1.3 Information Collected From Other Sources
We may acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information that you provide or that we collect automatically (such as information to validate or update your address or other demographic and lifestyle information). We may use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, to target our communications so that we can inform you of products, services or other offers that may be of interest to you, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes.
1.4 Combination of Information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through the Services, as well as information collected offline, across other computers or devices that you may use, and from third-party sources.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
BoxHero may use the information we collect from and about you for the following reasons:
- To respond to your requests for returning and related services (including to validate, confirm, verify, pick up, close/seal, label, and deliver your order), and contact and communicate with you when necessary (including providing service-related information);
- To enhance your online experience, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to the Services, and allow you to view your order history;
- To review the usage and operations of our Services, develop new products or services, and conduct analysis to enhance or improve our content, products, and services;
- To provide you with customized Site content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Site, via email, text message or push notification, or across other websites, mobile applications, social media or online services;
- To contact you with information, newsletters and promotional materials from BoxHero or on behalf of our partners and affiliates;
- To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes;
- To protect the security or integrity of the Services and our business, such as by protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- To use and disclose your credit/debit card information only to process payments and prevent fraud; and
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information or otherwise with your consent.
3. INFORMATION WE SHARE
- Affiliates: We may share your information with BoxHero affiliates and subsidiaries for business, operational, promotional, and marketing purposes.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us (including to the extent necessary or useful to pick up and deliver your returns or complete your transaction), help us operate our business and the Services, or administer activities on our behalf.
- Business Partners or Other Trusted Entities: We may share your information with our select business partners, affiliates, and other trusted entities for the purpose of providing you with information on goods or services we believe will be of interest to you. You may, at any time, opt-out of receiving such communications by contacting those third parties directly.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information: We may also share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
- Other:We also may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection, or otherwise with your consent.
4. YOUR CHOICES AND OPT-OUTS
Cookies, Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures
Certain parts of our Site require cookies. You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Services or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your Web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
- If you wish to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available here.
- On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising.
Opt Out Preferences
We provide our customers with the opportunity to opt-out of having their information used for purposes not directly related to the placement, processing, fulfillment, or delivery of a product or service. To opt-out of marketing communications, you may use one of these convenient methods:
- Electronic Promotional Offers: If you do not want to receive emails from us regarding special promotions or offers, you may click the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email, or contact us email@example.com with “Unsubscribe Promotional Offers” in the subject line.
- Mobile Promotional Offers: When you provide us with your mobile number for marketing purposes, we may send you certain marketing alerts via text message. Standard data and message rates will apply. If you no longer wish to receive mobile alerts from us, you can follow the instructions provided in those messages or otherwise reply “STOP” to any BoxHero alert.
Your instructions to limit the use of your information for these purposes will be processed as soon as reasonably practicable. Additionally, we are not responsible for informing third parties (including without limitation third-party service providers or partners) with whom we have already shared your personal information of any changes requested pursuant to this section, or for removing information from or causing information to be removed from the databases or records of such entities
Access to Your Information
5. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you may request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties or affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must put the statement “My California Privacy Rights” in the subject field. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly or do not have complete information.
Third parties (including, but not limited to, retailers and carriers) are independent from BoxHero and if you wish to receive information about your disclosure choices or stop communications from such third parties, you will need to contact those non-affiliated third parties directly.
6. THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, LINKS, AND PLUG-INS
The Services may have links to third-party websites, which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the practices of such sites.
7. PUBLIC FORUMS
Information you may disclose on our Services, or other third-party websites that the Services may link to, in any public areas (blogs, message boards, chat rooms, etc.) becomes public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in any such public areas.
8. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the Services to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of thirteen. If BoxHero learns that a child under the age of thirteen has provided personally identifiable information to the Services, it will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from its files.
9. DATA SECURITY
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers, visitors and users of our Services. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card information) on our forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
11. HOW TO CONTACT US